Gill Historical Commission
Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021, 3:00 p.m.
Riverside Municipal Building
Note: As of August 19, 2021, masks are required at all meetings in Gill public buildings.
1. Approve minutes from the GHC meeting on September 21, 2021.
2. Treasurer’s business and report (Charlene with Pam and Terri)
---Update on fourth printing of Jennie book (Pam)
3. New business:
a. Document #2 for new and ongoing members’ review: Historical Commissions’ Powers and
Duties (MGL 40)
b. Past and upcoming events:
1. Harvest Fair (discussion: Pam, Terri, Lynda, group)
2. Proposal: GHC banner for future events (Pam)
3. Library talk in November about Jennie book (Pam)
4. Newsletter material
c. GHC website work (Charlene; discussion)
d. Battlefield Advisory Board alternate needed; next meeting Nov. 3, Montague Town Hall,
11:00. Duties of alternate to be clarified.
e. Site plan reviews:
1. Oak Ridge golf course: GHC sent our comments to the Zoning Board.
2. New review: comments only for 235 French King Highway (see email) – Special
Permit requested for another auto sales business, public hearing Oct. 26 by Zoom
3. Stay tuned for public meeting re: Leaf Joy Dispensary at Rte. 2 and Main Rd.
f. Requests for the town of Gill:
1. RMB basement: take inventory of basement articles e.g. desks and dispose of
unwanted items to clear space for GHC storage (Bob)
2. Anchorage and abutment maintenance: oil cables and trim weed growth (Terri)
4. Old and continuing business:
a. RMB stairs update (Kit)
b. Red Bridge kiosk repairs
c. Country Prints additions and updates (Charlene, Lynda, Kit)
d. Walking Tour: waiting for instructions (Kit)
e. Indigenous People’s Day activities and related history (Kit)
5. Other business (not anticipated at time of posting)
Posted to: Historical Commission