Selectboard and Finance Committee
Monday, January 10, 5:30 pm
A meeting of the Finance Committee
This meeting is being conducted virtually/remotely by all participants.
This is a remote meeting via Zoom. To join the Zoom meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87023842138 or dial 1-929-436-2866 and enter Meeting ID 870 2384 2138
As a meeting utilizing remote participation, all votes must be taken by roll call.
Joint Meeting – Gill Selectboard and Gill Finance Committee
5:30 PM Call to Order (If the meeting is being videotaped, announce that fact. If remote participation will occur, announce member & reason, & need for roll call voting)
- Update on FY23 Department budgets – expecting bigger budgets due Jan 24
- Review proposed budget schedule; consider adding additional dates
- Joint GMRSD/Gill/Montague budget meeting – Monday, January 31st @ 5:30 PM (still confirming if in person or remote)
- Update on ARPA funding
- US Treasury released its Final Rule (guidelines on use of the funds) on Jan 6th (the Overview document is 44 pages; the Final Rule is 437 pages!)
- Massachusetts ARPA funding bill H4269 includes a $75,000 earmark for “improvements to the Gill Elementary school”
- Rep. Whipps notified town on Jan 6th of “how to start the process for releasing an earmark”
- Update on timeline for Capital Improvements Projects
- Update on zero-based budgeting - methodology & process?
- Review of Minutes as may be available
- Topics not anticipated within the 48 hour posting requirements
- Schedule & Agenda Items for next meeting
Posted to: Selectboard/Sewer Commissioners