Gill Historical Commission
Tuesday, March 21, 2023, 3:00 p.m.
Riverside Municipal Building
Call to order: _______
1. Approve the minutes from the September 20, 2022 and February 21, 2023 GHC meetings (5)
2. Treasurer’s report (Charlene) (10)
Books sold and/or reordered
Requests for reimbursement
3. Annual Budgets, continued: End of FY2023, Annual Budget FY2024 *** (10)
4. Old and continuing business: Updates and short reports (30 minutes)
a. Open Meeting Law guidebooks; FYI, see deliberations (Kit)
b. Ledgers to Digital Commonwealth; updates on RMB signage (Charlene)
c. Gill Geology event April 29: new venue, advertising, contacts with schools (Terri, Kit)
d. Gravestone Girls event July 29, possible new venue (Pam, Charlene)
e. Anchorage repairs (Terri); kiosk repairs (Bob)
f. Website and FaceBook (Charlene)
g. Special permit for Leaf Joy: signage etc. (Kit, discussion of comments for Zoning Board )
5. New business: Preservation Planning, Part I (Kit; discussion/reflection) 4:00 – 4:50
a. Identifying Gill’s historic resources (handbooks, pp. 10, 11)
b. Areas to consider (see p. 12 and blackboard); what are we doing now?
c. Short-term activities
d. Long-term activities
e. New projects to consider e.g. demolition delay, stone wall research
f. Other considerations; Preservation Circuit Rider Stacia Caplanson (preservation materials)
6. Other business not anticipated at time of posting
7. Housekeeping: Members’ summer vacation schedules?
8. Adjournment ______ Next meeting: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 3:00 p.m. at RMB
Posted to: Historical Commission on 2023-03-15 13:42:28 (updated 2023-03-16 15:02:15).