Gill Historical Commission
Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 3:00 p.m.,
Riverside Municipal Building
Call to order: ____________
1. Approve the minutes from meetings on April 18 and May 16, 2023.
2. Treasurer’s report (Charlene)
Town budget account:
Expenses and reimbursements:
3. GHC Officer roles (Chair, Treasurer, Clerk) – some changes needed (Kit, discussion)
4. Old business: Updates and short reports
a. Anchorage and kiosk (Terri)
b. Collection; Severance House (Pam; GHC T-shirt? (Local artist))
c. Wert exhibits: Pete Mars’ email to GHC (Kit)
d. Scanning and printing without a laptop at RMB (temporarily): TBA (discussion)
e. MassDOT and Turners Falls-Gill Bridge ongoing communications (Kit)
f. Acquisitions: Large 1858 map of Gill; historical descriptions of Gill and King Philip’s War;
handouts on cemetery preservation from Joan Pillsbury, GHC guest at last meeting (Kit); file
of material from Gill Arts and Crafts activities from Claire on Energy Commission
g. August 15th meeting and members’ vacation plans
h. GHC’ers can attend Gravestone Girls’ talk on August 3, 6:00 p.m., 105 Main St., Northfield,
to help decide on our future plans for them to speak in Gill.
5. New Business, Preservation planning, continued.
a. Next project in preserving Gill cemeteries; joint activities with Cemetery Commission?
b. Properties to repair and preserve, Part 3: additions and priorities (discussion)
6. Other business not anticipated at time of posting
7. Adjournment: Next meeting: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 3:00 p.m. R
Posted to: Historical Commission on 2023-03-20 10:23:00 (updated 2023-06-12 08:54:03).